Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
The industry has four core players: the merchant (also known as ‘retailer’ or ‘brand’), the network (that contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments), the publisher (also known as ‘the affiliate’), and the customer.
The market has grown in complexity, resulting in the emergence of a secondary tier of players, including affiliate management agencies, super-affiliates and specialized third party vendors.
Affiliate marketing overlaps with other Internet marketing methods to some degree, because affiliates often use regular advertising methods.
Those methods include organic search engine optimization (SEO), paid search engine marketing (PPC – Pay Per Click), e-mail marketing, content marketingand in some sense display advertising.
On the other hand, affiliates sometimes use less orthodox techniques, such as publishing reviews of products or services offered by a partner.
Affiliate marketing is commonly confused with referral marketing, as both forms of marketing use third parties to drive sales to the retailer.
However, both are distinct forms of marketing and the main difference between them is that affiliate marketing relies purely on financial motivations to drive sales while referral marketing relies on trust and personal relationships to drive sales.
Affiliate marketing is frequently overlooked by advertisers. While search engines, e-mail, and website syndication capture much of the attention of online retailers, affiliate marketing carries a much lower profile. Still, affiliates continue to play a significant role in e-retailers’marketing strategies.
Piuni Technology company provides the best affiliate marketing platform anybody can find anywhere in the world as it provides 57,000 services for it affiliates to benefit from. Piuni doesn’t just run affiliate programs but also run associate programs and partners programs
Associates join the company free without payments, they make 10% interest from each sales but without a platform
Partners join the company with $40, they make 20% interest from each sales, they also make money when they introduce affiliates to the company and Piuni also provides them with a Unique platform like a site.
Affiliates joins the company based on individuals capability and burning desire for business. The company provides them with a unique website (platform) upon sign up. And the % of earnings is determined by the package you choose to run with which include:
Basic Affiliate joins with $140 they earn 30% interest on every transaction with unique website and ability to bring in other affiliates.
Premium Affiliates joins with $540 they earn 40% interest on every transaction with unique website and ability to bring other affiliates.
Entrepreneur Affiliate these are the bigger guys who joins the company with $1540 and make 50% interest on every sell with a unique website and ability to bring in other affiliates.
Piuni Technology company is considered the company with the best affiliate marketing scheme because the company being a conglomerate runs it business around people’s daily activities with a platform that leverages in almost all sectors of the economy which include: Telecommunications, Finance, Social Media, Ecommerce, Etransportation, Food delivery services. Join here piuni.net/cikamorah
Advantages of Piuni Technology
- Has over 50,000 merchants services which include Walmart, ebay, amazon, 600 network providers in the world.
Large customers base being a conglomerate that leverages in daily activities of people that makes every individual a potential customer
It is a new system that provides you the opportunity of pioneering the business
The affiliates are provided with easy to use platform.
You can withdraw your earnings any you want. The compensation plans are awesome piunicompensationplan.
Disadvantage is that you have to pay to become a registered affiliate.
ShareASale is another one of the large affiliate networks. The Shareashale platform has about 4,000 merchants listed, of which over one thousand of them are exclusive to them.
ShareASale publishes a large amount of data on each of the offers they are running, these include:
• Earnings per Click
• Reversal Rates
• Average Sale Amount
• Average Commission
While these figures aren’t guarantees of payouts you can expect, they’re certainly very helpful in assessing a campaign.
The advantages of ShareASale include:
• Large Partner Network. The 4,000+ merchants include more than 1,000 that are exclusive.
• Easy to Compare Offers. When trying to choose from the various offers available, ShareASale make it very easy to evaluate the best ones based on the metrics.
• Quick Payment Cycle. ShareASale pay out on the 20th of every month, assuming your account balance is more than $50.
• Clunky Reporting Tools.The ShareASale reporting dashboard feels old, and is harder to navigate than other networks.
CJ Affiliate is considered to be the biggest affiliate platforms online; if you have worked in the affiliate marketing space for any amount of time, you’ve probably come across them.
Nearly every major retailer have their affiliate programs on CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction), which makes them as close to a one stop shop as you can get in the affiliate marketing business. Most retailers have multiple ad sizes available for affiliates, which gives you better control of the offers you show on your blog.
With such a wide array of advertisers on the CJ Affiliate platform it makes it relatively easy to compare and segment different offers. Finding the affiliate tracking code to place on your blog is also straightforward; once you’re approved to promote an offer, you can be running lots of different offers on your site in just a few short hours.
To summarise, the advantages of the network are:
• Large Partner Network.CJ Affiliate has over three thousand advertising partners, many have lots of creative sizes and various affiliate link options.
• Reliable Payments.They offer a net-20 payment term which means that you’ll get your commission paid out in a timely manner each month.
• Powerful Reporting Options.The reporting suite from CJ Affiliate is pretty impressive, which is a big advantage for marketers who plan to spend a their time optimizing their sales performance.
Disadvantages of the network include:
• Steep Learning Curve. While the reporting capabilities are great, they’re also quite difficult for beginners to get to grips with. You’ll need to spend time in the dashboard before you’re comfortable navigating the reporting suite and can then start to take full advantage of the tools on offer.
• Limited Customer Support.Due to the large number of affiliates and merchants, it’s understandable that customer support is quite limited. But only having a contact form as the main method to get in touch with the support department can be restrictive.
Rakuten LinkShare is considered to be one of the oldest affiliate partner networks, it is now a fair amount smaller than some of the bigger players in the affiliate industry.
There are a few slick features of Rakuten LinkShare that differentiate this platform from the rest. For example, they have the ability to rotate through the various banners automatically for a product which is a huge advantage when trying to optimize your offers. Instead of having to manually select which ad you want to run on your blog, LinkShare lets multiple versions rotate with only one small piece of code.
LinkShare also allows for more flexible “deep linking” to individual merchant landing pages, this allows for increased customization of the types of campaigns you can run.
The advantages of LinkShare are:
• Ad Rotation. This may seem like a pretty minor feature, but it can make a significant difference when it comes to optimizing your ads.
• Deep Linking Options.LinkShare lets you choose the page you want to send your traffic to on their site, giving you more flexibility for promoting different affiliate offers.
• A Much Smaller Network.LinkShare have around 1,000 partners – this is considerably fewer than the bigger networks like CJ Affiliate or ShareASale.
• Unpredictable Payments to Affiliates.Rakuten LinkShare only pay out to their affiliates once the commissions are collected from their partners.
By quite a large margin Amazon has the largest affiliate marketing program out there, with products from more than 1.5 million sellers. Amazon has the most easy-to-use technology of all the affiliate programs I will be reviewing today. Beginners to affiliate marketing with even the most limited technical expertise will have no problems in getting up and running with the Amazon associates program, while more experienced marketers can create custom tools and websites with the APIs and advanced implementations available to them. The great thing about Amazon is that anything from kids toys to laptops can generate sales if they are purchased through any Amazon affiliate link.
The major drawback of the Amazon affiliate network is the commission structure. Their commissions start out as low as 4% for smaller affiliates, yet they can be as high as 9% for high traffic affiliates. Also as most of the products which are sold on Amazon are physical goods, you will have very few options to refer sales that generate a recurring monthly income.
If you are interested about starting your own Amazon affiliate site then check out my free Amazon guide today.
• Easy to Use. Amazon’s interface is user friendly, for both beginners and experienced affiliates.
• Very Flexible. Millions of items can be bought via Amazon, giving your ads and links a much wider appeal to your visitors.
Disadvantages can include:
• Low Commission Rates. Commissions starting out from 4% which mean that you will need to generate a higher volume of sales in order to make your online business more sustainable.
• Long Payment Cycles. Amazon’s affiliate payment terms mean you won’t get your money for more than 60 days after a sale has occured.
I am an adventurous entrepreneur who loves adding value. I love media and everything good about it. I am a Social Media Strategist, Counselor and a Peace Lover.